Royal Blue Fising, Since 1999
Royal Blue Fising, Since 1999
Royal Blue Fishing has one of the very few A grade fish processing plants in Male, inspected and certified by the Food and Drugs Authority of Maldives and graded Excellent for its standards of hygiene, storage and packaging. All chefs, supply managers and F&B managers are warmly invited to visit our premises during their next visit to Male.
Remember if you want a regular and consistent supply of top quality fish (sashimi, reef fish and all kinds of seafood) around which you can write your menus weeks in advance, then call us. It will be delivered to your stores dhoni in the south harbour perfectly packed and perfectly protected for the journey, minutes before departure.
The company was launched in 1999 as a general trading company exporting dried fish to Sri Lanka and fresh yellow fin tuna to UK supermarkets – at a time when branding and image were not our main concern. We now supply fresh fish to some of the finest hotels in the world and we needed a more memorable name and an unforgettable image to recognise our change in direction and the needs of our clients. In 2012 we changed our name to Royal Blue Fishing. Nothing else changes; you will deal with the same people and receive the same quality service and same quality products that you have always done – but now we hope you will be able to remember our name more easily – and be able to pronounce it!
Royal Blue Fishing currently has three separate facilities in Male:
– The main administrative and sales office is at Ma Kashmeeru Vadhee, Male’.
– Processing Center at M. Zeyvary, Blue Kiyaa Magu, Male’, which includes a purpose built chill room, fish cutting area, packing and dispatch area, delivery office, staff toilet and hygiene facilities and small vehicle parking area.
– Showroom at G. Kanditholhiaage, Sathru Goalhi, K. Male’, which includes purpose built freezer room, retail shop and storage for packing materials.
The company has been in existence and under the same management for 20 years.
– It was first registered in 1999 as HASHIM HEYMAA TRADING engaged in exporting dried fish (Maldive Fish) to Sri Lanka.
-In 2002 it moved into tuna export to UK supermarkets (mainly TESCO). The success of this venture led to the award of a very large contract as the exclusive supplier of Tuna to UK based supermarket ASDA, a wholly owned subsidiary of the world’s largest supermarket, Walmart of USA.
– On receiving this award, a foreign investment company was formed under the name of Hashim Heymaa Fishing (Pvt) Ltd with joint British and Maldivian investors. Two 85 ft tuna boats, Kaluha Bulhaa 1 and Kaluha Bulhaa 2 were built to satisfy this contract and a processing facility was created on Haa Alif Hoarafushi.
– In 2012, The company changed its name to Royal Blue Fishing (Pvt Ltd). It is now 100% Maldivian owned but still retains the same British investors.
RBF is the major supplier of fish and seafood, to the hotels, resorts and guest houses of the Maldives.
SOURCES of PRODUCT
It sources its tuna, fresh from the tuna boats as they arrive in Male harbour; its reef fish comes from privately established RBF outstations in the Atolls. Seafood (prawns, lobsters and cuttle fish) are imported from and exclusive supplier in Sri Lanka.
RBF is managed by men and women from the Maldives, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh with British investors. All have a life time of experience in the handling and distribution of fish and associated products.
RBF is the only Male based company to hold the coveted internationally assessed HACCP certification, guaranteeing world class standards of hygiene and professional handling of fish products.
To consistently supply the highest quality, fresh fish and seafood to the leading hotels and resorts of Maldives.
To build a sustainable, locally sourced supply chain, alongside a factory and distribution centre, that brings new levels of hygiene and international certification to Maldives; while providing a tailored delivery service, wherever and whenever it is needed.
Years of experience
Average daily dispatch of product from the Male factories